The primary purpose of this request is to discuss how to deal with data
Integrity in YANG. Attached is a list of comments on specific
nodes in the published YANG files.
A rough summary of the issues is as follows:
1. There are a lot of lists in the YANG files, plus a co-existing
integer node per list for the number of entries in the list. YANG provides
The ability to tie both together by constraints ("must" node type),
But this is not implemented in the YANG files.
2. There are several references in the YANG files by name, integer, etc.
YANG has node type "leafref" to implement such references in a way
Machines can understand. But this is not implemented in the YANG files.
3. Missing/Wrong references to the base standard (IEEE Std 802.1Q-2018).
4. Contradictions with the base standard.
5. Other issues (see the details in the attachment)
The attached list is somewhat in a raw state, though it should be sufficient
to get the idea in case of symmetric issues and provides several suggestions.
I suggest to involve Yangsters in order to discuss symmetric issues and, if
decisions are made to address such issues, document some guidelines.